Who We Are
- Education Plus, Inc., d/b/a Education Plus Health, is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization formed in Idaho in 1982 to operate supplemental testing services for students to determine educational needs related to learning differences and capabilities, with the goal of improving and developing competencies and outcomes through tutoring and other special programming. Services continue at this original site at a smaller scale.
- Established in Pennsylvania in 2009, Education Plus Health currently serves over 7,000 students in school-based health centers in Philadelphia charter, public, and private schools, nearly 300 high school students in the 21st Century Afterschool Program, and more than two dozen post-secondary students in our Community-Driven College Initiative with Harcum College. Our model is scalable and replicable, with the goal of expanding all programs to improve education and physical/mental health outcomes for even more at-risk and underserved youth in our communities.
- Understanding that education and health outcomes are closely interrelated, our model supports the whole student from elementary school through high school and beyond with afterschool enrichment programs and post-secondary educational opportunities in addition to our school-based health centers.
- Education Plus Health is committed to improving access to high quality healthcare and driving better educational outcomes for underserved communities. Our unique school-based health centers provide school nursing and primary care, delivered by certified nurse practitioners in the school environment.
- Education Plus Health is the emerging Pennsylvania affiliate of the national School-Based Health Alliance, the voice for school-based health care since 1995. We are working with the support of the Alliance to advance policies in Pennsylvania that enable the growth of school-based health centers across the state.