Who We Are
- Education Plus, Inc., d/b/a Education Plus Health, is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization formed in Idaho in 1982 to operate supplemental testing services for students to determine educational needs related to learning differences and capabilities, with the goal of improving and developing competencies and outcomes through tutoring and other special programming. The founding office in Idaho closed in 2018.
- Established in Pennsylvania in 2009, Education Plus Health currently serves over 7,000 students in fifteen (15) school-based health centers in Philadelphia and Reading charter, public, and private schools, co-serving more than 400 middle and high school students in the 21st Century Afterschool Program at two of those schools, and more than two dozen post-secondary students in partnership with Diversified Community Services through our Community-Driven College Initiative with Harcum College and I-Lead.
- Understanding that education and health outcomes are closely interrelated, our model supports the whole student from elementary school through high school and beyond school-based health care paired with our afterschool enrichment programs and post-secondary educational opportunities in two schools for improved academic and health outcomes.
- Education Plus Health is committed to improving access to high quality healthcare and driving better educational outcomes for underserved communities.
- The school-based health centers provide two models of primary care, one embedded within school nursing, both delivered by licensed and certified nurse practitioners in the school environment.
- Education Plus Health is the emerging Pennsylvania affiliate of the national School-Based Health Alliance, the voice for school-based health care since 1995. Working together with the support of the Alliance, Education Plus Health advocates for Pennsylvania policies that enable the growth of school-based health centers across the state.